Ôn thi vào 10 môn Tiếng Anh: ĐỀ LUYỆN THI VÀO 10 MÔN TIẾNG ANH 2019-2020 (Số 3)
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others. (1 pt)
1. A. watches B. faces C. does D. classes
2. A. picture B. table C. prevent D. after
3. A. mention B. question C. invention D. invitation
4. A. curtain B. urban C. hurry D. surface
5. A. lazy B. academy C. necessary D. supply
II. Choose the best answer (A, B, C or D) to complete the following sentences. (3 pts)
1. If there were flying sauces, there ___________traces of their landing.
A. will be B. are C. is D. would be
2. – “Would you like to have dinner with me?” – “____________.”
A. Yes, I want it B. Yes, I’d love to C. Yes, I would D. Yes, I’d like
3. That’s the woman __________we met on the bus yesterday.
A. that B. which C. who D. whose
4. She asked me ____________I was doing then.
A. when B. if C. what D. whether
5. She enjoys watching TV __________her brother doesn’t.
A. and B. but C. or D. so
6. My mother _____________dinner when I came home.
A. was cooking B. cooked C. to cook D. cooks
7. I get access to the Internet ___________to communicate with my friends.
A. so that B. so as to C. in order D. in order that
8. The traditional dress of ___________women is Kimono.
A. Vietnamese B. Japanese C. Portuguese D. Chinese
9. We want to buy a new house; __________, we are saving money.
A. so B. but C. however D. therefore
10. My father is going to Lon don ____________Monday to Saturday.
A. between B. on C. in D. from
III. There is one mistake in each sentence. Find and correct it. (1 pt)
1. Nam’s parents were delighting that he passed his English exam.
2. Mr. Tuan’s son runs very fastly.
3. Would you mind to take me to the post office?
4. Don’t forget to turn on the lights before going to bed.
5. This book has read by him twice this week.
IV. Read the passage below then choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D). (1pt)
Everyone wants to reduce pollution. But the pollution problem is as complicated as it is serious. It is complicated because much pollution is caused by things that benefit people. For example, exhaust from automobiles causes a large percentage of all air pollution. But the automobile provides transportation for millions of people. Factories discharge much of material that pollutes air and water, but factories give employment to a large number of people.
Thus, to end or greatly reduce pollution immediately, people would have to stop using many things that benefit them. Most of the people do not want to do that, of course. But pollution can be gradually reduced in several ways. Scientists and engineers can work to find ways to lessen the amount of pollution that such things as automobiles and factories cause. Government can pass and enforce laws that require businesses and traffic to stop, or cut down on certain polluting.
1. Pollution is complicated _______________.
A. because it is serious B. because it causes air pollution
C. because it causes air and water pollution D. because it is caused by things that benefit people
2. Benefital things to people are _________________.
A. factories B. automobiles
C. transporttation and employment D. discharge
3. Factories discharge much of material that pollutes ______________.
A. oceans B. air and water C. mountains D. noise
4. _____________causes a large percentage of all air pollution.
A. Exhaust from automobiles B. Rubbish
C. Smell from automobiles D. Material from factories
5. ___________can work to find ways to lessen the amount of pollution that such things as automobiles and factories cause.
A. Nobody B. Scientists and engineers C. Only scientists D. Governments
V. Read the passage below carefully and answer the questions. (2 pts)
Every year, thousands people come to Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland, to the part of the Edinburgh Festival. For three weeks every August and September the city is filled with actors and artists from all over the world. They come to Edinburgh for the biggest arts festival in Britain. During this time, the streets of the city are alive with music and dance from early in the morning until late at night. You can even see artists painting pictures on the streets.
Tens of thousands of tourists come to the Festival to see new films and plays and to hear music played by famous musicians. This year, you can see over five hundred performances with actors from more than forty countries. The tickets for these performances are quite cheap, and it is usually easier to see your favourite star in Edinburgh than it is in London.
1. How long does the Edinburgh Festival last?
2. Why do actors and artists from all over the world come to Edinburgh every year?
3. What are the streets of the city like during the Festival?
4. Do tens of thousands of tourists come to the Festival to see new films and plays?
5. Are the tickets for these performances very expensive?
VI. Rewrite the following sentences without changing their meanings. (1pt)
1. “Would you like to have a chocolate egg?” Mary said to Mai. -> Mary invited Mai ……
2. You must write these music lessons in ink. -> These music…………………………….
3. Do you like the film? It was on VTV1 last night. -> Do you know the film …………?
4. She can’t do this exercise. -> She wishes ………………………………………………..
5. I have studied English for two years. -> I began ………………………………………..
VII. Use the suggested words to write meaningful sentences. (1pt)
1. you/ be/ fond/ watch/ football matches/ TV/?
2. When/ I/ be/ child/, / I/ used/ go/ fish/ my brother/.
3. Nam/ enjoy/ play/ piano/, / he/?
4. What/ be/ name/ man/ whose/ car/ you/ borrow/ yesterday/?
5. He/ suggest/ go/ beach/ weekend/.
Full name: …………………………………………….. Code number:………….
I. (1 điểm). Mỗi đáp đúng 0,2 điểm.
1. C 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. D
II. (3 điểm). Mỗi đáp án đúng 0,3 điểm.
1. D 2. B 3. A 4. C 5. B
6. A 7. C 8. B 9. D 10. D
III. (1 điểm). Mỗi đáp án đúng 0,2 điểm.
1. delighting -> delighted 3. to take -> taking 5. has read -> has been read
2. fastly -> fast 4. on -> off
IV. (1 điểm). Mỗi đáp án đúng 0,2 điểm.
1. D 2. C 3. B 4. A 5. B
V. (2 điểm). Mỗi câu trả lời đúng 0,4 điểm.
1. It lasts (for) 3/three weeks.
2. They come to take part in the Festival/ for the Festival.
They want to take part in the Festival/ want to be part of the Festival.
3. They/ The streets of the city are alive with music and dance from early in the morning until late at night.
4. Yes, they do.
5. No, they aren’t.
VI. (1 điểm). Mỗi câu đúng 0,2 điểm.
1. Mary invited Mai to have a chocolate egg.
2. These music lessons must be written in ink.
3. Do you know the film which/ that was on VTV1 last night?
4. She wishes she could do this exercise.
5. I began studying/ to study English two years ago.
VII. (1 điểm). Mỗi câu đúng 0,2 điểm.
1. Are you fond of watching football matches on TV?
2. When I was a child, I used to go fishing with my brother.
3. Nam enjoys playing the piano, doesn’t he?
4. What’s the name of the man whose car you borrowed yesterday?
5. He suggests/ suggested going to the beach on/at the weekend.